Everyone outside the church is talking about sexual issues—gender identity, same-sex attraction, same-sex marriage—and the world’s perspective on these issues has drastically changed over the last decade. So how do you answer questions about God’s design for sexuality? Is your church equipping you to understand a biblical perspective on sexuality and form a gospel-based response to questions from both inside and outside the church?
This video series will equip you to understand God's design for sexuality and give you direction on how to speak the truth in love to those around you.
Below is a list of the video titles:
- Introduction: Why do you need to talk about sex?
- Sex, Lies, and Culture
- Does God's Design for Sexuality Make Sense?
- Understanding Our Sexual Struggles
- Heart Change is the Key to Healing
- Ministry to the Sexually Hurting
- What the Bible Says about Sexuality in the Old Testament
- What the Bible Says about Sexuality in the New Testament
- Can You Change if You're Gay?
- What's Wrong with a Little Porn?
- Redeeming Marriage from Pornography's Destruction
- Protecting Your Family in an Internet World
- Raising Sexually Faithful Kids
- Sexuality and the Single Person
- A Biblical View of Gender and Transgender
You can purchase a streaming option of this video series from New Growth Press.
This series includes video teaching from several current and former Harvest USA staff: Tim Geiger, David White, Nicholas Black, Ellen Dykas, Mark Sanders, Bob & Marilyn Heywood, and Dan Wilson.
"Harvest USA understands the enormous significance of God making us sexual beings and the consequences that follow when sin disrupts our sexual desires. How much more amplified are the consequences to society when culture rejects God's authority over creation and sexuality. God's Design for Sexuality in a Changing Culture is a sturdy resource that will equip churches to be ambassadors of truth, grace, and freedom in a culture that's awash in sexual confusion."
– Andrew T. Walker, Director of Policy Studies, The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, author of God and the Transgender Debate
"Messages regarding human sexuality abound in every area of today's culture. This video series provides an invaluable tool for discipleship in the local church. Each lesson examines a different aspect of this pervasive cultural issue in the light of biblical truth. Church leaders who desire to help God's people address the issue of sexuality with gospel integrity will find this video series a necessary part of their discipleship ministry."
– Stephen T. Estock, Coordinator, PCA Committee on Discipleship Ministries
"Nobody does it better than Harvest USA. This long overdue resource is an illustration of that. It will become one of the major resources to to guide the church now and into the future. Sometimes, in matters of sexuality, it feels like the church has 'pitched it's tent in the middle of a landslide.' Here's help—solid, realistic, authentic, and biblical."
– Steve Brown, Founder of Key Life Network, Inc.; author
"As a counselor, I am grateful to send countless individuals to Harvest USA for help. Harvest's biblical approach is insightful and clarifying. It sustains the weight of a person's sorrow and has the power to break the enslavement of sexual sin. God's Design for Sexuality now comes to us. Although this resource targets Sunday schools and small groups, my hope is that it would reach into counseling offices and Christian homes alike. I guarantee that it will be on hand in both of mine."
– Aaron Sironi, Biblical Counselor and Faculty, Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation
"God's Design for Sexuality in a Changing Culture is an accessible tool that builds up the Church to think biblically about sexuality. The video platform and discussion guide provide a natural pathway for engaging in meaningful discussion around this critical topic."
– Karen Hodge, Coordinator for Women's Ministry, Presbyterian Church in America
"Being conversationally comfortable with the subjects of sex and sexual identity is difficult for many Christians. But in our modern culture, it is a vital part of discipleship and cultural engagement. As Martin Luther said, 'If you preach the gospel in all aspects with the exception of the issues that deal specifically with your time, you are not preaching the gospel at all.' Harvest USA has put together an excellent curriculum to equip you to understand these subjects well so we can engage your culture effectively."
– Brad Hambrick, Pastor of Counseling at The Summit Church, Durham, NC; author of Do Ask, Do Tell, Let's Talk: Why and How Christians Should Have Gay Friends
"In this present moment when we are experiencing a cultural free-fall from God's Word, both in public life and in many sectors of the church, this resource provides a much-needed voice to declare God's unchanging purposes and design for the exercise of the sexual gifts he has given to us as those created in his image. The format lends itself to classes, small groups, and biblical counseling instruction; and the content is presented in such a way as to encourage thoughtful reflection, meditation, and profitable discussion. God's Design for Sexuality is an important resource as we seek to be faithful in our ministry and callings."
– Tom Sullivan, Pastor of Seven Springs Presbyterian Church, Glade Spring, VA; ACBC Certified Biblical Counselor; adjunct faculty, Graham Bible College
"Today's culture is saturated with confusing messages about sexuality. The church cannot afford to be silent. God's Design for Sexuality is an excellent resource for parents, ministry leaders, and those desiring to help our brothers and sisters in Christ struggling with sexual addictions or identity confusion. We're confident this resource will spur on the conversations that need to be had in the church today."
– Ben Reaoch, Pastor of Three Rivers Grace Church and author of Women, Slaves and the Gender Debate; and Stacy Reaoch, mother of four and author of Wilderness Wanderings: Finding Contentment in the Desert Times of Life
"The work of Harvest has grown far beyond its roots in Philadelphia and has expanded both the scope and extent of its ministry over the years. As a working pastor in center city, I have welcomed and benefited from the sane and healthy counsel I've received from the Harvest USA workers. They exhibit Christlike compassion for strugglers and Christian conviction of the truth revealed in Scripture. In a world that has lost its moorings, Harvest USA is a voice of sanity and a voice of hope for those who despair for their future. May the Lord continue to support and expand their labors for Him."
– Liam Goligher, Senior Minister of Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia